Luxury villa in Sicily with pool, built in the XIX century in the hearth of the Val di Noto, UNESCO world heritage
Beautiful villa with pool in Sicily, Villa Càrcara is surrounded by the Sicilian countryside between Ragusa and Marina di Ragusa. Built in the XIX century by the Schininà family, the villa tells the story of an ancient Sicily, of baroque style and stones, of gardens and secular olive trees, of a time that stands still.
Walks in the countryside surrounding the villa alternate with moments of relaxation by the pool, a hidden gem among the stone walls typical of the rural Sicily. A vegetable garden, fruit trees, aromatic plants, lemons and pomegranates give extraordinary hints for dining under stars in summer or for having breakfast in the shade of the Mediterranean garden’s trees of the villa.
Perfect for a long weekend in Sicily or for a longer stay, Villa Càrcara is built in monolithic stones and has the typical shapes of farmhouses in Sicily. The interiors were recently restored, preserving the authentic elegance and Sicilian flavor. the spaces in the ground floor seamlessly mix monolithic stones with the stately elegance of Sicilian traditional architecture. The first floor apartment, with large terraces, has the authentic and sophisticated style of the piano nobile.
The villa is perfectly positioned to explore Montalbano’s Sicily and his “Vigata”: the charming cities of Ragusa Ibla, Scicli, Modica, Noto, Ortigia and Syracuse as well as the Sicily beaches of Punta Secca, Marina di Ragusa, Donnalucata and Marzamemi. In the surroundings, other beautiful places to visit in Sicily include the Donnafugata castle, the Kamarina archeological site, Cava d’Ispica, the Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina with its roman mosaics, the Valle dei Templi in Agrigento with its beautiful Greek temples, Vendicari, Portopalo and the Scala dei Turchi. Amid different accommodations in Sicily, hotels, apartments, b&b and resorts, Villa Càrcara is the perfect place to holiday in Sicily, to experience the island in an exclusive and authentic way.
OUR COMMITMENT DURING COVID TIME
• Sanitation. Accurate cleaning of the villa, with sanitation procedures and specific attention to frequently touched articles (e.g. handles, switches, remotes);
• Air. Air conditioning filters constant monitoring and cleaning, to guarantee a safe and proper air exchange;
• Disinfectant gel distribution. Disinfectant gel available for guests;
• Groceries delivery. Possibility to receive groceries upon request at the villa in complete safety;
• Spaces. Exclusive access to indoor areas of the villa with a surface of 430m2, plus large outdoor spaces and hectares of countryside in the surroundings.